Wednesday 19 December 2012

I dyed my hair!

I forgot to take a picture of my hair before I dyed it...:3 So I'll just try and tell you. My natural hair colour is a really dark brown or a dull black... I dyed it a REALLY light blonde twice, which made it a very light brown (almost bronze looking) colour. I decided to go for the ombré look since my hair was quite light.

The first hair dye I used was 'Schwarzkopf Live- Shake it up Colour Foam' in the colour 'Dark Espresso Kick'. So when I looked at the colour on the packaging, I thought it was a very dark brown... Buuut it is actually black. I thought the ombre would look odd with black at the top, but it's not that bad! It was pretty easy to use from the start, although I'm not sure I would agree that it's non-drip, because even though I tried my hardest not to get it everywhere, the bathroom went from white to black. I think if you really don't want to make a mess then you might want to try another brand (I cannot remember the name of the other foam dye). It says it has a fruity smell to it and that I do agree with. The colour turned out well and my hair is still quite shiny! If you do buy this hair dye then I would recommend placing plastic or newspaper around the area you are working at :).

The second hair dye kit I used was the 'Schwarzkopf Live Medium Plus Lightener'. I did not expect it to go so light to be honest! This kit was even easier to use than the foam! There was only 2 small drops of hair dye on the floor! I don't think this is pure bleach which is a plus! My hair didn't turn out brassy or anything! And my hair is naturally very dry and damaged :L but this dye didn't make it any more dry than it already was! So of course I would definitely recommend this product if you are wanting to lighten your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment